We’re Littlepay - a fast growing fintech with offices in London and Melbourne. We're the world's only payment processor specialising in the transit and mobility sector. We've developed a payments platform that enables customers to pay for public transport using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Littlepay is now processing transactions in 12 countries and continuing to expand globally.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Head of Marketing to lead the marketing function at Littlepay. You’ll be reporting to the Global Head of Commercial, as part of the Commercial team; a data-driven and results-oriented team where ideas and input are encouraged from all members.
In this role, you’ll be developing a vision to drive marketing strategy, demand generation, content strategy, event marketing, product marketing, sales enablement, marketing operations, corporate communications, digital marketing, partner and customer liaison.
We’re searching for a Head of Marketing who can confidently run their own marketing team and collaborate with the global sales team regularly. The ideal candidate will achieve success through exceptional marketing, communications and brand capability; unwavering client focus; strong collaboration across the business and excellent team leadership. In this role you will work with a small but growing team in the UK and be responsible for putting in place structure and recommendations of Littlepay’s core marketing & communications, PR & branding functions.
- Achieve a balance between inbound/broadcast and direct, targeted lead-generation activities
- Management of multiple outsourced providers (website, content writing, consultants)
- Motivate, mentor, and develop the existing team and develop a long-term plan for team structure and growth
- Develop a vision and strategic marketing plan to accelerate sales in regions identifying key routes to market and a region-by-region strategy
- Lead the creation of content, assets, and tools including sales presentations, white papers, blogs, videos, competitive briefs and other materials
- Manage a number of outsourced providers and consultants that support our marketing efforts
- Implement a data-driven approach to analyzing, automating, and optimizing a target list of strategic accounts that predictably drives high conversions and pipeline
- Work closely with partners and the global sales teams to understand client needs and create go-to-market strategies, communication and collateral that reflects Littlepay’s key differentiators
- Drive PR, AR and an engaging social presence to gain mindshare and tell the Littlepay story through media coverage, physical and digital events, online communities and social networks
- Drive demand generation and account-based marketing efforts via digital advertising, webinars, industry media and content marketing
- Help plan and organize special events and sponsorships including summits, workshops and webinars
- Liaise with internal team members, agencies, vendors and other Littlepay departments (e.g. sales, operations, legal) as needed
- Experience with branding, brand voice and evolution
- Experience with Hubspot, LinkedIn, website and email marketing strategies
- Experience with building and leading multi-faceted teams, with an emphasis on marketing strategy, demand generation, and business development.
- 5+ years experience in building, managing and leading a marketing function with a strong ability to translate and distil technical concepts into propositions suitable for our target market personas
- Proven success leading the brand messaging & positioning of a technology products and services organization.
- Demonstrated track record delivering results against sales and marketing plans
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related program
- Experience in a fast-paced startup/scale-up environment, B2B and B2G focus is highly desirable
Skills and Attributes
- Up to date with latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and measurement
- Ability to understand complex processes and technologies, and translate into simple concepts (written, graphical, and verbal)
- Great writing - an ability to understand technical concepts and translate to market-level comms
- Innovative, able to translate company objectives into clear actionable plans
- Analytical and creative with an ability to develop impactful, fact-based, value propositions
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel domestically and internationally
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the payment processing ecosystem and be involved in the provision of critical services that impact millions of daily commuters. All within the tight-knit environment of an agile scale-up. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions, ample opportunity for professional development, and a great office location close to Liverpool Street Station.
What’s great about working with us at Littlepay:
- Inclusive team who celebrate the diversity we all bring to the company, whether neurological, cultural, gender and sexual identities, background etc
- Significant learning and development programs
- International travel opportunities
- Littlepay company wide public holiday
- We understand people have complex lives and we want you to feel comfortable to bring your authentic self to work
Our Littlepay values:
We value trust and trustworthiness.
- We begin from a place of deep trust, believing in our colleagues to know their stuff, take initiative, and get the job done. We build trust through transparent, forthright and honest communications, and by following through on our commitments.
We embrace challenge.
- We’re OK with challenging the status-quo and we aim to be thought-leaders as we navigate our evolving space. We actively seek out opportunities to be better at what we do, to grow, to ask for help, and to not be afraid to try new things.
We solve problems, together.
- As we scale and break new ground, there is a constant stream of problems to solve - small and large. As individuals we lean into problems and don’t let them daunt us or deter us from our goals. We also actively bring in others so we can draw on our collective wisdom, collaborating within and across teams, with our partners and customers.
We deliver with speed and agility.
- Littlepay has a reputation for agility, speed, and excellent engineering. Decisiveness and rapid execution remains our greatest defence against competitors. Given the critical nature of our service, we know that continued success will require us to balance the tension between “speed and agility” and “quality”. We must be vigilant against unnecessary friction, politics, and bureaucracy.
We are candid and kind.
- We don’t shy away from direct or difficult conversations, giving constructive feedback when it’s needed. We do so with respectful candour and positive intent assuming the best in each other and always being mindful of the person first and the issue second.
If you’ve been shortlisted for the role, a People and Culture team member will be in touch to organise an interview to start with. A short workplace preferences questionnaire will also be sent to help us to learn more about the way you prefer to work. This will be a two-stage interview process. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or if you require any accommodations for any stage in the interview process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Additionally, if you don’t meet all of the criteria (we know that some minority groups and women tend to avoid applying if they don’t), please still apply. We really enjoy meeting diverse people who might bring a fresh perspective on a problem we need to solve!
If the role and our culture at Littlepay interests you, we encourage you to please apply.