Littlepay was founded in 2016 to enable the simple and affordable acceptance of contactless payments on public transport, using any bank card, mobile wallet or wearable device. We deployed our system in 2017 and have since become the world’s only transit-specialist payment gateway.
Littlepay is trusted by leading ticketing technology suppliers, and over 200 transit operators and agencies across the UK, EU and USA to securely process contactless payments. We’re empowering transit operators of all sizes to provide travellers the best payment experience. Our cloud-native platform (AWS), has a range of APIs and SDKs that simplify integrations and lower the cost, complexity and risk of ticketing.
We have a fantastic relationship with key players in the industry and within our hybrid workforce, with offices in Melbourne and London and expanding across Europe, North and Latin America.
People come first at Littlepay and teamwork is paramount. Our working environment is very down to earth but we operate in an exceptionally high performing environment. The culture is friendly, trusting, agile and we have a genuine commitment to supporting flexible work.
Reporting to the Global Head of Commercial, the North America BDM is responsible for defining Littlepay's growth strategy, building new business, establishing valuable partnerships and enhancing Littlepays profile in North America.
This requires a long term outlook and an understanding of the extended sales cycles in a regulated transit environment.
Help define Littlepays market entry and growth strategy. Identify key partnership and commercial opportunities.
- Become an expert in Littlepays solution and deployment options. Consult with clients and partners on deployment strategy.
- Build effective relationships across both the payments and transit industries.
- Partner internally with cross-functional teams including Product, Operations and Engineering.
- Actively research the industry landscape to identify regional market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Work with marketing to identify relevant marketing and event opportunities and coordinate with the marketing team to deliver these activities within an agreed budget. Represent Littlepay in regional marketing events including webinars, forums, expos.
- Participate in industry forums and maximise the benefits of our memberships of industry bodies.
- Over time, identify resource requirements and advise Littlepay leadership on a resourcing plan to support Littlepays North America expansion.
- In the short term, own the sales funnel and processes. Oversee and manage all North America procurement engagements (there will be an opportunity to hand over sales ownership to a business development resource in the medium term depending on the resourcing strategy noted above).
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate with key decision makers in the transit industry and understand the challenges facing them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals.
- High level strategic thinking and commercial intuition.
- An understanding of long sales cycles and the process of building high-value relationships over time.
- High standard of technical literacy, with the ability to translate technical jargon to suit the audience.
- Demonstrated adherence to a high standard of professional principles to ensure honesty, integrity and ethical decision-making in all situations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment, and comfortable with a high degree of autonomy.
- Exceptional organisational skills and focus, including a capacity to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time, with attention to detail.
In return, you’ll get...
The opportunity to work with a hard-working, intelligent and fun group of professionals, across the UK, EU, USA, Latin America and Australia who are revolutionising the way people pay for transit on a global scale. We offer a competitive salary, truly flexible work conditions, private health insurance. You'll have the opportunity to learn about the payment processing ecosystem and be involved in the provision of critical services that impact millions of daily commuters. All within the tight-knit environment of an agile scale-up.
What’s great about working with us at Littlepay:
- Inclusive and diverse team who celebrates the uniquenesses we all bring to the company, whether neurological, cultural, gender and sexual identities, background etc
- Significant learning and development programs
- International travel opportunities
- Littlepay company wide public holiday
- We understand people have complex lives and we want you to feel comfortable to bring your authentic self to work
Our Littlepay values:
We value trust and trustworthiness.
- We begin from a place of deep trust, believing in our colleagues to know their stuff, take initiative, and get the job done. We build trust through transparent, forthright and honest communications, and by following through on our commitments.
We embrace challenge.
- We’re OK with challenging the status-quo and we aim to be thought-leaders as we navigate our evolving space. We actively seek out opportunities to be better at what we do, to grow, to ask for help, and to not be afraid to try new things.
We solve problems, together.
- As we scale and break new ground, there is a constant stream of problems to solve - small and large. As individuals we lean into problems and don’t let them daunt us or deter us from our goals. We also actively bring in others so we can draw on our collective wisdom, collaborating within and across teams, with our partners and customers.
We deliver with speed and agility.
- Littlepay has a reputation for agility, speed, and excellent engineering. Decisiveness and rapid execution remains our greatest defence against competitors. Given the critical nature of our service, we know that continued success will require us to balance the tension between “speed and agility” and “quality”. We must be vigilant against unnecessary friction, politics, and bureaucracy.
We are candid and kind.
- We don’t shy away from direct or difficult conversations, giving constructive feedback when it’s needed. We do so with respectful candour and positive intent assuming the best in each other and always being mindful of the person first and the issue second.
If you’ve been shortlisted for the role, a People and Culture team member will be in touch to organise an interview to start with. A short workplace preferences questionnaire will also be sent to help us to learn more about the way you prefer to work. This will be a two-stage interview process. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or if you require any accommodations for any stage in the interview process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Additionally, if you don’t meet all of the criteria (we know that some minority groups and women tend to avoid applying if they don’t), please still apply. We really enjoy meeting diverse people who might bring a fresh perspective on a problem we need to solve!
If the role and our culture at Littlepay interests you, we encourage you to please apply.